BUG: Console writer flush

Waldemar Kornewald Waldemar.Kornewald at web.de
Sun Oct 3 23:30:21 PDT 2004

Lee Salzman wrote:
> Actually, neither your fix or my fix were correct. The actual solution
> was to make WrapperStream forward "resource" to the underlying stream.
> Since Console writer was a PrettyPrinter, and "resource" wasn't
> forwarded to the underlying ExternalResource Stream, it was causing
> problems. It's fixed now.

There is a BeOS issue I wanted to solve that way. After having loaded
the image, stdout is never flushed which causes the REPL prompt (Slate
1>, etc.) to be always printed _after_ you enter something. One would
have to load external.slate. It would be nice if that were not necessary
(since Console writer flush calls a method that lives in the image, anyway).

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald