Trying to read a number at the console

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 00:08:16 PDT 2004

I wrote:
>Then, what I should ask is why there is a $\n in the buffer in the first
>place.
Oh yes, I think I know!
That's because I called my readNumber function with a line like this one:
GuessNumber newGame readNumber.\n

The line is read upTo the $. , and readNumber is called there.
So there is indeed a \n in the buffer.

Should I protest to the fact that my Console reader flush, did not removed
it?

--Paul

Gardez le contrôle grâce à la protection contre les fenêtres pop-up
articulée sur la technologie brevetée Microsoft SmartScreen
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/popup Commencez dès
maintenant à profiter de tous les avantages de MSN Premium et obtenez les
deux premiers mois GRATUITS*.