Problems in The Slate Programmer's Reference

Brian T. Rice water at tunes.org
Wed Sep 1 09:52:51 PDT 2004

Pupeno wrote:
> Just reporting a couple of problems in the The Slate Programmer's Reference
> that I've seen:
> 1) The examples at
> http://slate.tunes.org/doc/progman/node9.html#SECTION00043200000000000000 :
> [| :x :y | 5] asMethod: #+ on: {2. 2}.
> _ at 2 + _ at 2 [5].
> doesn't seem to work anymore. I was told they worked on the lisp virtual
> machine.

1) Yeah, we removed support for it; it's far too cumbersome on method
lookups to identity-hash on every single integer, and BigIntegers are
not identity-bound. As well, there's not a single decent use-case aside
from academic factorial. I'll remove it.

> 2) The 'Table 1: Character Literal Escapes' at
> http://slate.tunes.org/doc/progman/node12.html#SECTION00046100000000000000
> seems to empty.

2) is just a known fix I haven't applied AGAIN to the latex2html output.
It consistently annoys me. I'll fix it when I package 0.3.1. Please
don't report it again unless it makes it into a candidate release
distribution.