prototype multiple dispatch creates uncollectable garbage?

James McCartney asynth at io.com
Tue Sep 7 10:03:50 PDT 2004

On Sep 7, 2004, at 5:00 PM, Lee Salzman wrote:

> This would just be the same as having generic functions, i.e. won't
> work.

I don't see how this is equivalent to generic functions. generic
functions are global. I am proposing to store a method in the first
argument, i.e. local. please explain.

> One easy way around this is just to GC roles/methods by whether or
> not all role positions have some roles pointing to the method.

in other words you have to use reference counting.

--
--- james mccartney   james at audiosynth.com   <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time audio synthesis programming language