Traits traits

nicolas.pelletier3 at free.fr nicolas.pelletier3 at free.fr
Wed Sep 22 23:00:10 PDT 2004

Hello,

while working on an improved  version of the tutorial, I inspected the
delegation graph  between Derivable and Cloneable. The  results are in
the attached  file. There is  a cycle between Derivable  and Cloneable
which makes Cloneable  a Derivable and Derivable a  Cloneable, so that
the two concepts collapse.

The culprit seems to be (as  in the case of True clone) Traits traits,
which delegates  to Cloneable traits. I  wonder if this  should not be
considered a  mistake. Maybe Traits  and Traits traits  should instead
delegate  to a  TraitsDescription object  (imitating what  is  done in
Smalltalk with Class, Metaclass and ClassDescription).

--
Nicolas