[FIX] (Re: [BUG] Wierd resend behavior)

Todd Fleming todd at flemingcnc.com
Sun Dec 4 15:47:49 PST 2005

Todd Fleming wrote:

>> If you call Morph removeSlot: #defaultState /before/ the derivation
>> calls, the resend problem is resolved. If you change the line in
>> morph.slate to:
>>
>> Morph addDelegate: #defaultState after: #traitsWindow valued:
>> MorphDefaultState.
>>
>> Then the problem is resolved; this is the kind of thing that
>> inspired  the creation of addDelegate:(before/after):valued:. Are you
>> planning  on sending in patches to morph.slate? If so, you can just
>> fix that  along with whatever else you're doing. Otherwise I'll go
>> ahead and  put in a fix for that (and another small fix for
>> text.slate bitrot  which I just noticed).
>

> I just added this change to Morph.slate.  Unfortunately it might be
> several weeks before my patches will be ready; I've been really busy
> lately.

I changed the "addDelegate:" to use "after:" like you said, fetched new
vm.* and little.image, and tried again.  This time I got:

In B doSomething
The method #doSomething was not found for the following arguments:
{("Cloneable" defaultState: ("Cloneable" ...). treeParent: Nil.
children: {"ExtensibleArray"}.
        boundingRect: Nil. pos: Nil. coloredBorder: Nil. totalRegion:
Nil. visibleRegion: Nil)}
after method:
[doSomething]
Nil

Removing the delegate before the derivation calls works like you said.

Todd