bug in File Locator isRoot

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Sat Dec 31 19:54:05 PST 2005

On Dec 31, 2005, at 7:46 PM, Jeff Sparkes wrote:

> Is there a way to convert a string into a File or Directory depending
> on the contents.
> For example, when reading the arguments to a script, you won't know in
> advance which of them

Yeah, that's a good point, and I recall thinking of it when I had
written this code.

It should be sufficient to do this:

Slate 7> Directory Locator readFrom: 'foo'.
P'foo/'
Slate 8> File Locator readFrom: 'foo'.
P'foo'

and #exists calls if you do #newNamed: will know as well if they're
expecting a File or Directory and should answer the right Boolean.

PS: Happy New Year!