[FIXED] Re: [BUG] Resends with optionals broken (Re: [BUG] digraph.slate)

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Fri Feb 25 14:05:31 PST 2005

I have removed the optionals from the call and made two more
corrections. digraph.slate now loads correctly. I imagine that it needs
more work to be really useful but that is up to whoever needs to use
it.

The changes are in the main repository and I have just updated the
alpha repository.

On Feb 25, 2005, at 1:53 PM, Brian Rice wrote:

> Lee has corrected me on this. resend's themselves will take the
> existing optionals implicitly and pass them on, so the bug is in
> digraph.slate. I'll fix that now.
>
> On Feb 25, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Brian Rice wrote:
>
>> I'm re-titling it for clarity. The bug appears to be in the code that
>> handles resends; it doesn't deal well with optionals. From the source
>> line 16:
>>
>> newG: (resend &mixins: others &rejects: rejectSlots).
>>
>> The code for handling optionals is looking at the Syntax Resend node
>> and it can't find the selector. A fix may be to have the node type
>> return #resend or to correct the situation so that these pieces of
>> code don't meet.
>>
>> Thanks for the bug report.
>>
>> On Feb 25, 2005, at 12:21 PM, Levente Mészáros wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Somebody who feels responsible, please check the following:
>>>
>>> $ slate.exe current.image
>>> Slate: Growing heap to 7209772 bytes.
>>> True
>>> Slate 8> load: 'src/lib/graph.slate'.
>>> Nil
>>> Slate 9> load: 'src/lib/digraph.slate'.
>>> The following condition was signaled:
>>> The method #selector was not found for the following arguments:
>>> {("Resend" traitsWindow: ("Resend" ...). type: ("Any" ...).
>>> lineNumber: 16)}
>>>
>>> The following restarts are available:
>>> 0)      Inspect a stack frame
>>> 1)      Abort evaluation of expression
>>> 2)      Quit Slate