The Slate image

Shaping shaping1 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 9 20:15:11 PST 2005

> Not quite. little.image isn't a saved image, it's a generated one. In fact,
> it's not even a full image. It only contains a handful of objects and one
> large block. The block generates all the objects and blocks that make up the
> system; that's why it takes time to start.

Interesting.  So, the full set of objects is never stored with the image, but is
always reconstituted by some set of source statements?  If so, how does this
source get created?  Is it just a record of every statement I typed and
evaluated before saving the image, or is it a nicely factored and cleaned up
version of this, or something else?

Shaping