A new paper concerning E-style concurrency

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Sun Jul 10 20:36:59 PDT 2005

Hello all,

This is still technically a draft, but has survived a pretty heavy
editorial process, and is the most accessible introduction to the
concurrency model we've begun adopting (and will extend) for Slate:

http://www.erights.org/talks/promises/paper/index.html

I recommend reading it for some insight into this design decision and
to know what it is that we have implemented as a model before I have
it properly documented. Note that Slate's system is a bare minimum to
support this style, currently, with single-Process asynchronicity.