Two errors building alpha VM in Windows, using VC++ 2005 Express Edition Beta2

Shaping shaping at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 11 10:26:29 PDT 2005

Two errors occurred while compiling the alpha VM in Windows, using VC++ 2005
Express Edition Beta2.  Both problems are in

int readExternalLibraryError(struct ByteArray *messageBuffer) {
//TODO: do the equivalent of dlerror() on unix and write the string into
// the buffer, returning the length.
char *message;
DWORD dw = GetLastError();
FormatMessage(FORMAT_MESSAGE_ALLOCATE_BUFFER | FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM,
NULL,
dw,
MAKELANGID(LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_DEFAULT),
(LPTSTR) &message,
0, NULL);
if (message == NULL)
return 0;
int len = strlen(message);                     (error)
assert(BYTEARRAY_LEN(messageBuffer) >= len);   (error)
memcpy(messageBuffer->elements, message, len);
LocalFree(message);
return len;
}

at the lines indicated.  I declared len at the top of the function:

int readExternalLibraryError(struct ByteArray *messageBuffer) {
//TODO: do the equivalent of dlerror() on unix and write the string into
// the buffer, returning the length.
char *message;
int len;
DWORD dw = GetLastError();
FormatMessage(FORMAT_MESSAGE_ALLOCATE_BUFFER | FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM,
NULL,
dw,
MAKELANGID(LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_DEFAULT),
(LPTSTR) &message,
0, NULL);
if (message == NULL)
return 0;
len = strlen(message);
assert(BYTEARRAY_LEN(messageBuffer) >= len);
memcpy(messageBuffer->elements, message, len);
LocalFree(message);
return len;
}

It compiles how, but when I "wdvm little.image", there is a problem, too:

The method from:to: was not found for the following arguments:
{[
].  {#obj1. #obj2}. []}

No restarts are available.

Has anyone fixed this in the Windows build?

Shaping