New images up with fixes

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Jun 2 21:34:00 PDT 2005

Just to be clear, it's not "during" memory allocation. The "growing
heap" message is done instantaneously when the VM just raises the
maximum heap size. What's happening is that some part of the standard
library is going into in infinite loop.

This can be isolated by varying the bootstrap to produce interactive
messages, which I can do if necessary (send me an email if you want
to play tester - I'll send you an image that will spit out messages
between each library, and then fine-tune the granularity as
possible), but I'd prefer an analysis done with a C/C++ debugger and
enough knowledge of the VM to identify what messages are being sent
(or what's going on in the VM to make it break). The one stack trace
sent by Bryn Keller indicates a memory manager issue, but I am not
sure at all that this is a relevant slice of the stack without more
information, nor am I sure why such a thing would happen or what
would constitute the violated behavior or a fix.

In short, to keep the Windows builds going, we need a Windows
developer or tester to put some time in on this.