Bloodshed Dev-C++

Brian T. Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Jun 16 13:59:11 PDT 2005

Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew at gmx.net> said:

> Hi,
> personally, I use Bloodshed Dev-C++ for compiling Slate on Windows. If
> you want to, you can add this one, too (if you see a need for it).

Add what? What is needed to support it? If you can just tweak the makefile for it, send us a patch, not
innuendo.

> You still have to call
> make update-source
> and then copy vm.h to src\mobius\vm\platform\includes\slatevm.h
> Unfortunately, Windows does not have symlinks. Could we not rename
> 'vm.c/h' into 'slatevm.c/h' such that the root folder can be included
> when compiling?

No, because the VM may be modified quite a bit, and the advantage of being able to build multiple
versions or multiple adjustments of the same variant outweighs the (in)convenience of this one step.
Look at the unix / beos Makefile - they perform the link step - just replace that with a copy call. The
Visual Studio Project also includes a copy action. This is not much to ask.