Alpha VM on Solaris UltraSPARC?

Nick Forde nickf at system-7.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 12:13:28 PST 2005

Unfortunately using -mno-faster-structs didn't work but switching to
-O0 did.
For reference I tried building slate using GCC v3.2.3 on a number of
other Unix
platforms and didn't encounter any other compatibility problems.
The vm and mobius/vm/platform/unix code appears to be very portable -
nice job!

These worked OK using -O2:

Linux 2.4.9-enterprise #1 SMP, i686
OSX Darwin 7.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 7.8.0, powerpc
AIX 3 4 0000C35B4C00 - IBM,7043-260

and the following core dumped with -O2 but worked with -O0:

SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW, Sun-Fire-880
HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/785 2011991039, J6000 Workstation

Nick.