Be able to compile on Linux [Patch]

David Hopwood david.nospam.hopwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 1 10:27:32 PDT 2005

Lee Salzman wrote:
> This is not the right fix. The problem is a bug in the previous Cygwin
> patch. Someone stuffed in an "ifneq" for the Cygwin case where they presumably
> meant "ifeq".

ifneq is correct (the result of findstring is not empty when the
OS is Cygwin). What was incorrect was the syntax for findstring.
Instead of

   ifneq (,$findstring(CYGWIN,$(OS)))

I had intended to say

   ifneq (,$(findstring CYGWIN,$(OS)))

which was in the cygwin2.zip patch I posted earlier.

However, this is better:
   ifeq (CYGWIN,$(findstring CYGWIN,$(OS)))

Ignore cygwin2.zip and use cygwin3.zip attached to this post; it takes
into account all the previous patches.