addSlot complicating module handling

Slava Pestov slava at jedit.org
Mon May 9 17:00:27 PDT 2005

Steven,

Slate is no longer written in Common Lisp. The Slate runtime and
bytecode interpreter is written in a subset of Slate called Pidgin.
Right now, new VMs are built by a Slate program that translates Pidgin
to C. I think the eventual plan is to directly compile Slate (and hence
Pidgin) directly to machine code, but you'd have to ask Lee for details.

Slava