Bootstrapping language implementations without C

David Hopwood david.nospam.hopwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 19 13:58:29 PDT 2005

MetaML? <http://www.cse.ogi.edu/PacSoft/publications/phaseiiiq9papers/dsl.pdf>

> but it might have been the other,

MLRISC is developed using SML/NJ, and MetaML is also based on SML/NJ.
Running MLRISC on MetaML would probably just work.

> but even so the syntax seems rather odd.  I also don't know what I would do
> in a  HM-based typesystem without type classes. In any case, SML is
> statically-typed.

<shrug>. Surely these factors don't outweigh the value of using a well-tested
framework that already has a Smalltalk front-end, and back-ends for all the
common processor architectures?