Directory bug on Windows

Bryn Keller xoltar at xoltar.org
Fri May 20 14:31:43 PDT 2005

Ah, sorry. May I suggest renaming the command or being a little more
explicit in the README? Since it's called "make get-ALPHA", I assumed it
was just a convenience to save people who only worked in /main the
trouble of pulling the whole /alpha repository as well.  Maybe it was a
dumb assumption, but it seems worth a sentence to prevent others from
having the same problem.

Anyway, when I get the new images, clean and rebuild the VM,
bootstrapping just hangs. I know this will last for at least four hours,
since I've gone through this experience already this morning in /main
before I killed it. Bill Sun seems to be having the same problem.

C:\lang\src\slate\alpha>wvm little.image
Bootstrapping libraries... (this may take a while. Save the image when
done).
 Slate: Growing heap to 4786844 bytes.