Directory bug on Windows

Bryn Keller xoltar at xoltar.org
Fri May 20 14:56:10 PDT 2005

Brian Rice wrote:

> On May 20, 2005, at 2:31 PM, Bryn Keller wrote:
>
>> Ah, sorry. May I suggest renaming the command or being a little  more
>> explicit in the README? Since it's called "make get-ALPHA", I
>> assumed it was just a convenience to save people who only worked  in
>> /main the trouble of pulling the whole /alpha repository as  well.
>> Maybe it was a dumb assumption, but it seems worth a  sentence to
>> prevent others from having the same problem.
>

> I'd like to avoid it entirely. Perhaps I'll rename it "make latest-
> bootstrap" and just have it grab the sources + images and start a
> build for you.

Sounds good.

> Make sure you run "make clean ; make". And execute the exact VM that
> results (why is it named "wvm"? "vm" is the default name).

wvm is the executable produced by the Visual Studio 2005 solution file.
The Cygwin build produces one called vm. I just tried doing a Cygwin
build (make clean; make ; make plugins) and I'm seeing the same hang
during bootstrap.

xoltar at xoltar /c/lang/src/slate/alpha
$ ./vm little.image
Bootstrapping libraries... (this may take a while. Save the image when
done).
Slate: Growing heap to 4786844 bytes.