(admin) darcs tagged, release thoughts

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Sun Nov 20 14:40:25 PST 2005

STABLE-0-3-5-1 is now entered into main and alpha. This should make
the "patch history" part of darcs sends shorter and save on email
load. I may start doing this weekly if activity continues its pace.

I am also considering whether we are going to push forward to call
the next release 0.4 once the major projects of concurrency and I/O
and inheritance are finished, and the module system too, if possible
(and the UI input loop? ;) ). Another 0.3.x release right now seems
like it would just be administratively annoying and not offer users
enough to be worthwhile (although even the makefile setup is now
rather friendly). I'll at least bring NEWS up to date to get some
perspective - there are some major feature upgrades when you look
back at the details.