darcs patch: Support an interrupt flag, and primitive... (and 4 more)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Oct 27 06:36:12 PDT 2005

Brian Rice wrote:
> Er, I meant to address this to Tony. Sorry, Nick. :)

OK, I've tried it on my mac. I took a copy of the head of main, with all
patches applied, and cleaned up (make distclean and remove the libtool
detritus). Typing "make" downloaded vm.c, vm.h, big.image as expected
and tried to build a vm. Of course, the changes in boot.c don't work
with the alpha vm.c, so I edited boot.c temporarily thus:

#if 0
     if (InterruptFlag != False) {
       InterruptFlag = False;
     } else {
       break;
     }
#else
     break;
#endif

... and next time, "make" succeeded. Then I did "make newboot", which
went without a hitch; then "make VM=vm.new"; then "./vm.new
big.new.image", which worked too.

Now I'm undoing the temporary hack to boot.c, and I'll see if the
cooperative-threading thing works like it did on Linux last night.

Tony