Garbage collection

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Fri Sep 16 07:35:10 PDT 2005

I've added this to the main repository, but there are bugs there
which prevent a full correct bootstrap. I am still looking into it,
but you can see that the patch is trivial and can be applied and
bootstrapped in easily:

lobby at LobbyObject collectGarbage
"Invokes the internal garbage-collection routine."
[
   CurrentMemory garbageCollect.
   CurrentMemory memorySize
] `pidginPrimitive.

Of course, it returns memorySize which is not very useful, but we
don't have a ready way to ascertain the free space left. (Probably
the best idea is to build an array of free, total, etc. sizes and
return that).