A provocative naming idea for "setter" methods

Lendvai Attila Attila.Lendvai at netvisor.hu
Tue Sep 20 04:11:14 PDT 2005

I would vote for this: (probably easier for the parser and the eye)

myObject =x 3.
window =top 200.

but otherwise I like the idea and the will to address issues like this.
In general I prefer to clearly see (even better if formally
annotated/askable) code properties like side-effect-free, etc.

Of course when a graphical code editor will be working directly on the
Syntax nodes, these issues will have much better solutions.

- 101

PS: where is Olli, who was working on the unicode support? it still
needs to be bootstrapped...