A provocative naming idea for "setter" methods

Brian T. Rice water at tunes.org
Wed Sep 21 15:02:00 PDT 2005

This is just too verbose, though, and the symbol has to be
capitalized to make the selector, which in reverse translation
results in forgetting the original case.

Lee has stated (off-list) that it's preferrable to create a greater
syntax abstraction system (where "set slot A to " is even possible
and syntax has ZERO to do with concrete hand-typed stuff and is more
about a user interface) and deal with the true problem then. I'm
partly inclined to agree, but haven't made up my mind.