Lack of Developer Interest

Mark Haniford markhaniford at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 06:27:58 PDT 2006

Hi

It seems the immediate concern is a lack of someone to work on the
VM/compiler.  It's too bad that Lee left the project.   Does anybody have
any university contacts for someone to work on something like this.  Maybe
it could be a project for an advanced undergrad or grad student.  Who knows,
but if it's too slow to run then obviously that's a problem.  Did Lee just
lose interest, or is was there something else going on?

Brian,  we know you're passionate about your project, but when you don't
have leverage of any kind then what does being "harsh" get you?  Of course I
can sympathize with someone being frustrated with people saying they're
going to do something and then they don't.   But this is the open source
world and people aren't getting paid, so what do you do?  I think the only
thing you can do is not to have expectations....at least at this point in
the game.

I don't think you can blame anybody.  Sometimes things just happen and you
can hope for a better future.  I think the core concepts behind Slate are
great.  Good luck.