very basic listbox code request for comments

Brian T. Rice water at tunes.org
Sun Apr 23 20:14:35 PDT 2006

On Sun, April 23, 2006 1:18 pm, Timmy Douglas said:
> "Brian T. Rice" <water at tunes.org> writes:
>> Otherwise it looks like a decent start. Feel free to experiment with
>> idioms for new nouns and verbs until the code feels more natural.
>
> One thing that would probably be nice to have before going further on
> making the components is like a 'theme settings' type object where I
> could get the appropriate font/colors to use everywhere.

I agree. XML-type styles or CSS and so forth strike me as ideas that
should carry over into non-web UI architecture, and I consider this sort
of thing a worthwhile addition to Slate's UI layer.

I should also add that I'd like there to be a way to use the same UI
"language" for both desktop and web interfaces... this is one aspect of
CLIM's "backend" independence, and it did indeed have a web backend in the
mid-90's, although nowadays it would be a lot easier with SVG, CSS, and
JavaScript/AJAX.

> I guess I'll have to look into this in a few weeks though since finals
> are coming up.

Okay, thanks for keeping this in mind.