Google Summer Of Code

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Fri Apr 28 07:57:03 PDT 2006

On Apr 23, 2006, at 8:17 PM, Brian T. Rice wrote:

> On Sun, April 23, 2006 6:04 pm, Timmy Douglas said:
>> Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew at gmx.net> writes:
>>> Hi, it's time to add Slate to the project list. That would be a
>>> great chance to get the compiler and maybe even the UI finished.
>>
>> i think the application is due tomorrow...
>>
>> http://code.google.com/soc/studentfaq.html#42
>>
>> April 24, 2006:
>> - All mentoring organizations must have submitted their interest to
>>   Google due by 08:00 Pacific Daylight Time
>
> Ouch! I read that as being for May 1st. I'll try to submit *something*
> tonight for it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Further pain: due to poor/inconsistent/ridiculously-expensive WiFi
coverage, I was unable to get this out in time. We'll see if my
submission was accepted, although I heard from other Smalltalkers
that Squeakers tried it last year and were rejected (the presumption
was that the project has to be relatively mainstream, although that's
hearsay).