patch: syntax-like errors keep slate compiler from loading

Timmy Douglas timmy+slate at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 9 23:09:46 PDT 2006

I went exploring with this detached incomplete compiler project thingy
we have and I think I got it to the point where you can load the
init.slate file and all the files load properly now. There's still
plenty of source there that I have no idea about though.

darcs at http://r44h80.res.gatech .edu:4400/slate/main
(I think...maybe it has weird problems because of the port forwarding)

If I'm lucky, I'll have enough free time in the next week to figure
out what needs to be done to be able to get from the syntax down to
compiled code. I think it'd be nice to be able to compile natively
instead of to vm bytecode.

compiler-code-load-fixes

The compiler wouldn't load so I made some changes
to get it to load today. I've been trying to figure
out how to compile stuff but it seems like there
are some parts missing so I can't #generate: my
way from a syntax block to x86 (well actually,
I don't think at this point I can make it from
a syntax block to IR). I've been trying this:
Optimizer IR Generator new generate:  [ | :x |  x] `quote
Seems there are some holes to fill in if I get time.

***END OF DESCRIPTION***

Place the long patch description above the ***END OF DESCRIPTION*** marker.
The first line of this file will be the patch name.

This patch contains the following changes:

M ./src/mobius/optimizer/init.slate +1
M ./src/mobius/optimizer/ir/control-flow.slate -2 +2
M ./src/mobius/optimizer/ir/generator.slate -5 +9
M ./src/mobius/optimizer/mr/architecture.slate -1 +1
M ./src/mobius/optimizer/platform/x86/architecture.slate -15 +16