TextMate (OS X editor) support

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Sun Jan 8 21:58:35 PST 2006

Hi all,

I've added Slate support for the newest MacOS X text editor TextMate
in the form of etc/Slate.tmbundle which you can copy or link into the
relevant directory and should be able to use pretty easily. The
latest tarball also has this.

I took the effort to support this editor because it's actually pretty
easy to customize, and it helped me understand the deficiencies in
our current Emacs mode. I've spent just a few hours today customizing
it and learning how it works to get this working. The setup does not
interact with a running Slate VM at all, and that seemed actually to
present the greatest problem with it.

If you have other editors you want us to support, this can happen if
you provide assistance with the process. I've gotten a few Vim
requests, but I have no taste for it and know next to nothing about
how to use Vim in the first place (aside from vi basics). As usual,
patches speak louder than words. Perhaps those who are interested in
other editors should read some of the sources in there to get a
better idea of how to customize their favorite ones.