Alpha images broken?

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Wed Jan 11 18:00:49 PST 2006

Hi all,

I've had to revert VM sources and kernel images in the alpha
repository and the latest tarball, after an update to the bootstrap
code which tested fine on PowerPC but broke on x86 (and I had not
discovered this until too late).

I am investigating this as best I can. Even the rolled-back versions
are giving some users problems (but I cannot reproduce them), so
please keep your existing images preserved or backed-up for now while
I resolve this.

I'll follow up when everything has been fixed and tested. Sorry for
the trouble.