Context of Execution

Jack Waugh 95h62gq02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jul 17 23:34:46 PDT 2006

In http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.slate.general/226/match=context ,
Shaping quotes Nicolas Pelletier as having said:

> For example, a temporary variable declared in a method is semantically
> a slot  of the method's  execution context. If that  method references
> slots or  roles of  the receiving objects,  then it is  also necessary
> that the  method context delegates  to the receiving objects  to allow
> slots and roles resolution.

If that is the case, why is it that when I type in

Slate 71> [|x| x: slotNames. x includes: #x] do.

the result is

False

?  Shouldn't there be a #x slot in the context because of the temporary
declaration |x|?  And shouldn't that slot's name, #x, appear among the slotNames
answered by the context of execution (established by the #do) when it (the
context) serves as the implicit first argument to the message #slotNames?

Jack Waugh