UI demo performance, GC

Brian T. Rice water at tunes.org
Tue Jul 18 09:57:21 PDT 2006

A user in the IRC channel was nice enough to bother making a full profile
of the VM under load while running the SDL UI demo. A lot of the time is
focussed on GC:
http://paste.lisp.org/display/22751

So, there's a distinct likelihood that a simple generational GC somewhat
like Squeak's would benefit us enough to have a workable UI. I sketched
one out originally in the first VM design, but it was never fully tested
and we let it rot and fade from the repository after a while. I could
bring it up, or someone could take it on as a short project.

Opinions/ideas/volunteers?