slate gui slowness needs fixing before proceeding

Matt Revelle mrevelle at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 18:14:11 PDT 2006

Others may have seen this, but a HLVM project ( http://hlvm.org/ ) was
started recently.  Its goal is to provide a general bridge between
dynamic languages and the LLVM.

It doesn't have much to offer Slate yet, but from the site HVLM will
be "[a] complete language designer's toolkit for creating new
programming languages easily. To define a new language, language
designers simply write a plugin that describes the language to HLVM
and how to translate the grammar productions into HLVM's comprehensive
Abstract Syntax Tree (AST). After that, HLVM handles all aspects of
code generation, bytecode storage, JIT execution or interpretation,
and native compilation."