darcs patch: Update time plugin to support gettimeofday.

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Sun May 14 16:53:27 PDT 2006

Mon May 15 00:47:17 BST 2006  Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at kcbbs.gen.nz>
  * Update time plugin to support gettimeofday.

  - Support for Doubles would be nice, since then we could use a
    double-precision float to represent fractions-of-a-second in UTC
    since the epoch.

  - When calling GetTimeOfDay applyWith:, initially I just passed the
    CObject itself, expecting that the storage field of the CObject
    would be magically extracted and passed through the FFI to C. This
    turns out not to be the case: I had to say "GetTimeOfDay applyWith:
    tv storage" explicitly.

  - We should consider making socket_Select take a CTimeval.