very basic listbox code request for comments

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Tue May 16 23:08:10 PDT 2006

On May 16, 2006, at 5:58 PM, Timmy Douglas wrote:
> it seems something like:
>
> newObj: se derive &mixins: themeObjects
>
> puts the parser in a loop for me. I added parens to fix it:
>
> newObj: (se derive &mixins: themeObjects)

Well, the explanation for which message an optional associates with
is that it goes with the outermost possible send, which is obviously
not entirely clear but is mostly intuitive if you think of it as a
regular keyword and then work out the precedence parentheses from there.

As for why this loops the parser... I cannot reproduce this (after
cooking up my own tests based on the syntax and then the specific
calls you make) and don't know why that would happen, unless
"SceneElement derive" itself has an infinite loop bug when not
supplied with &mixins:, but this seems unlikely.

> not sure where bugs like this should go...

There's no automated bug/issue tracker yet. Perhaps soon we'll have
one (given a volunteer to just go set one up - I will hand out a
login to the FreeBSD box to anyone who will go and just do it).

> maybe I can get the
> listbox/theme thing working tonight.

Cool! Thanks, at the very least for the feedback.