patch for simple listbox-based menus

Timmy Douglas timmy+slate at cc.gatech.edu
Sun May 28 16:23:44 PDT 2006

Here is a patch I made for some simple menus. I added code to ui.slate
to show how it could be used. I'm still not sure which way is the best
with respect to setting up how 'activation' works... I put some code
in activator.slate to centralize the functionality somewhere since it
works the same way with buttons and menu items. It seems to work fine
for now but maybe there is a better way to model that idea.

Here's the rest of the patch description:

Sun May 28 18:25:06 EDT 2006  timmy at cc.gatech.edu

  * activators-and-listbox-menus

  I added menus based on listboxes and centralized
  some functionality in an activator object. I added
  some code to demonstrate menus in ui.slate. In the future,
  I suppose I could make it easier for objects to have
  menus via a mixin and it'd probably be a good idea
  to make them look better when slate speeds up. On
  the other hand, I think it would be interesting to
  dump the traditional vertical menus for a web/pie-menu-like
  visible mouse-gesture menu.