Strongtalk VM now open sourced

Bill Sun billksun at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 20:47:01 PDT 2006

Brian,

>From Strongtalk's mailing list, it seems that they plan to focus on ironing out the VM first.  That said, you might be able to fish someone with the qualifying skills to help improve Slate's VM from there.

Strongtalk's developer, David Griswold, mentioned that he's not sure there's enough man power to sustain another Smalltalk variant, and that he doesn't like the idea of having multiple Smalltalk implementations.  But he will get the VM up and polished so that it may be adopted by Squeak or other projects.  After that, it may be up to the Strongtalk community to decide.

-Bill