Alan Kay's new project

Mark Haniford markhaniford at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 20:37:36 PST 2007

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are regarding Alan Kay's new project.
http://www.stanford.edu/class/ee380/Abstracts/070214.html

I just downloaded Pepsi, which is interesting in that it somewhat like
Objective-C in that you can mix C with Smalltalk-like code.  There's another
language in the works called Coke (know less about), but seems to have a
Lisp-like syntax.  But I guess the real interesting thing about Pepsi, Coke,
ALBERT is that it seems its goals are to have easy different object-model
integration.

It looks like Kay got 5 million from the NSF and another 5 million in
private funding for a 5 year project.  I wonder if Slate could be worked
into this system.