Specification and Coding sprints

Armin Rigo Armin Rigo <arigo@ulb.ac.be>
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:49:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everybody,

We (Fare+Armin) are organizing two "sprints" to try and start the language
(LLL-HLL) subprojects. The principle of a "sprint" is to get people
together in the same room for a couple of days with no (ok, few) outside
distractions.

The goal is to set up a basic LLL, which would be some kind of linear
graph reduction machine in which each graph is a first-order object
controlled by meta levels. Meta-level-controlled annotations should
eventually be the basis for the HLL.

September 1, in Paris: specification sprint. Get something formal written
down.

(sep 2-13: fix things that went wrong on sep 1.)

September 14+15, in Bruxelles: coding sprint. Write code.

Everybody is welcome. For the others the on-line sprint connection is the
#TUNES channel on irc.openprojects.net. We'll try however not to spend
100% of our time chatting there :-)

Thanks (and forgive me for the cross-posting),

Armin.