How should I publish?

Francois-Rene Rideau rideau@ens.fr
Sat, 18 May 1996 06:57:50 +0200 (MET DST)

>>> As part of that I have implemented a rough approximation of my ideas.
>>> I've written enough code now that it mostly works.  More then has gone
>>> before but I still think not quite enough to use as the lll.
>> Well, please do publish whatever you're doing:
>> it may be a good starting point for us all.

> I've heard some talk about FTP sites etc.  But I haven't got it straight.
> How should I publish I publish my work.
Well, send it to me uuencoded gzipped by mail,
and I'll put it through the WWW site.
Chris Harris would publish it on his machine, too, but he's on vacation.
If you feel the current WWW site ain't enough,
someone on the list have offered a T1 as a repository...

> Mostly as I'm developing on Linux with gcc it really belongs to the
> OTOP part of the project I suppose.
That's fine !

> Once I upgrade the compiler to
> metacompiler status (I need relocatation information in my code
> generator, and at least a startable executable format) it should be
> self hosting.  Though dugging hasn't been considred yet.
>
> If there really is no good way I could put it in my web page and
> announce that.
That, too ! I'd just grab it and mirror it to the main site.

> I looked at some of your older scheme code it it appears you had
> written elaborate wrappers around 80x86 assembly code.  I'm not sure
> where you were going with that.
> Was it just me or did output both
> require an assembler to assemble it and the programer to individually
> select the registers?  I'm refering to V0.4.
   What Patrick wrote was the skeleton of an "assembler"
that took an s-exp representation for assembly code,
and turned it into source that as86 could assemble.
   What I wrote was the database of 80x86 instructions templates,
so we could write the assembler in Scheme (which is most useful
for dynamic code generation where we cannot use an external assembler).
I still need finish the pattern matcher that will actually use
those templates to either assemble or disassemble code.

-- Fare -- rideau@clipper.ens.fr -- Francois-Rene Rideau -- +)ang-Vu Ban --
                 TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System
WWW page at URL: "http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/rideau/Tunes/"