Main bug in my translated MINIFORTH discovered!

dufrp@oricom.ca dufrp@oricom.ca
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 00:02:06 -0400

Well, if someone is trying my translation to NASM of MINIFORTH (I would
like to know) here I just found the main bug. You must move "LAST:" (
very near the end :)   two lines higher, just before H_ABORT.

Also, in the XQDUP label you will find a LSW, this should be LODSW.

Now I think I will play with it on the week-end because I don't really
clearly understand how it works yet. Then I should try to make it 32 bits.

Fare, if you're reading this, I must say that I'm happy to learn that
you too is waiting for the FLUX OS TOOLKIT new version. Just before
translating START32 to NASM I did check their FTP site because I wanted
to suggest that we use the first version (That's at that time that I
learned they was going to make a new version). I still think that we
should use a little part of it to use for our LLL project. However
because I have this bad habit of too much thinking rather than doing,
I decided to put my hands on START32. I did learn a bit in translating it
and I will not bother at all if we don't use my translated version of it.
I still don't understand why we didn't used the first version of this OS
TOOLKIT before.

---Paul Dufresne
Net-Tamer V 1.08X - Test Drive