let's talk

Tom Novelli tcn@clarityconnect.com
Thu, 20 May 1999 12:31:03 -0400

Say, why aren't we using this mailing list?  There's all kinds of low-level
work going on... Retro, Clementine, Forth & Scheme interpreters, persistent
storage... We should be using this list to coordinate our efforts.

I looked at the LLL subproject page today... it's almost done already!  The
goal was basically to implement a portable low-level language (i.e., a
variant of Forth), a portable object format (XCOM fills that demand),
persistent storage, and a minimal OS to support this stuff (Retro,
Clementine, etc).  All we gotta do is finish these things up and get started
on the high-level stuff.

Things going on at the moment:

* Clementine - Last I heard, Emmanuel Marty was getting ready to release his
OS under the GPL... once his company OKs it.

* Retro - I have more time for it, now that I'm done with college (I still
have to make a living though).  I just overhauled the web page yesterday:
http://bespin.tunes.org/~tcn/retro.html

* Hardware docs - we're putting everything we can get hold of on
bespin.tunes.org.  Stay tuned to this list for further notice..

--
Tom Novelli <tcn@tunes.org>