Project: Some aid for low level programmer

Peter Wiehe wiehepeter@web.de
Fri, 24 May 2002 15:21:14 +0200

----mail tech stuff---
I intentionally changed that address to the list. Would it not be
better to set the reply address to the list and the cc (carbon copy) to
you personally? And I would prefer not to be CC-ed if anyone can change
that
If you get weird double messages from me after 12 hours it's my mail
client :(
If anyone got such a delayed double mail tell me.
----end of mail tech stuff----

(I know the general principle of Ligthning and some aspects of its
virtual code. So you don't have to explain what lightning is)
Please explain a little bit more what do you mean by this.
I ignored CCG (?what?) and OCaml (I like Lisp). I guess, for explaining
about your lightning idea, you don't have to explain CCG and OCaml.
Okay, now the details. Lightning takes some virtual Assembler source
code and produces virtual binary machine code (at runtime, but we could
change that so it doesnt matter, too). And Lisp goes
like "(dothis 1 2 3)"
For listeners who know C: comparable to "dothis(1, 2, 3);"
And you suggest "(mov register0 255)"?
In C would be like "mov(register0, 255);"
No matter if yes or no give a lttle framework of the concept you had in
mind.

But I'm already suspecting I'm doing some kind of the opposite(!) of
what you suggested.(at least in some aspects).

Regards
Peter Wiehe