is your web working?

RE01 Rice Brian T. EM2 BRice@vinson.navy.mil
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 04:23:56 +0400

> Someone posted this link on the IRC channel... it's about arrows, but I
> don't know if it's the same as what you are working on.  It looks
> interesting, though.  If you can't access the web, I'll send files to you.
>
> http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~ross/notes/ArrowsInHaskell.html
>
> David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>
> This message is placed in the public domain.

yeah, it's based on the same research that i ran into last year.  arrows are
logical objects that have rational behavior in terms of the identity,
reverse, and composition operators (or relations).  the "point-free" style
referred to in that paper concerns systems where the objects are not
modelled as having "heads" and "tails".  instead, they are simply a specific
type of functional paradigm, restricted to a logic which is decidable.

i can get references for you soon. they'll definitely be in the arrow white
paper, which should be out in a week or two.

-Brian