Arrow System -- Rationale?

David Jeske jeske@home.chat.net
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 21:30:27 -0800

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 09:03:17PM +0300, RE01 Rice Brian T. EM2 wrote:
> > >  we achieve 'reflection' by including enough information about the
> > > system so that it encompasses it's own existence.
> > But how is information represented in the system?  Define an Arrow
> > system which represents the binary string "00".  For example, it could
> > be represented
> >
> finite-state machines and such.  really, the natural numbers and all that
> will be objects in the arrow system as well.

Brian, I mean this in the nicest way, someday you have to stop talking
in circles.

Show me an arrow system which can represent some useful data and do
some useful work. This means you need to define your syntactic
representation for the arrow system (i.e. so I can understand your
description), and you have to define the arrow structures which will
exist in each case. Then you need to define how the 'arrow system'
will process this representation to do useful work.

Try doing that for the following:

1) Adding the number 2 and the number 5 to get the number 7.

2) Using some kind of repetition/loop to add the number "3" to every
element of an array of numbers.

3) Start with a variable "x", and a variable "y". If y is odd, add 1
to "x", if y is even subtract 1 from x.

I know these are contrived examples, but your arrow system should be
able to represent them. Help me understand your ideas by telling me
how.

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net