11.3 Resource allocation

Chris Harris chharris@u.washington.edu
Tue, 6 Dec 1994 16:27:23 -0800 (PST)

Like to hear more about your constructor concept.  These implimented as
objects somehow?  Where do objects fit in in your low-level scheme of things?

Also, make it sound like even binary code is sent through a device
driver.  This is good, I suppose, as it could be re-routed in a
multiprocessing environment or whatever, but how would you create such a
thing?  It would seem to make a driver for a given CPU, you would have to
use that same CPU to run the driver, thereby defeating the driver's
purpose, no?  Would these drivers be objects, or more like Mike's toolbox
construct?

Also, without any kernel, how can you possibly enforce any of these ideas
to be global?

-Chris