Criticism ... synthesis?

Mike Prince mprince@crl.com
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 16:21:02 -0800 (PST)

I've been a little busy recently and have not devoted as much time as
necessary to answering all the posts.  I'm also devoting a larger
percentage of my time to writing a kernel, as I believe the proof is in
the puddin'.  We have spent a lot of time recently playing ping-pong with
these posts about how MY idea is better that YOUR idea.

Fare is right when he says the HLL can run with multiple versions of the LLL.

So instead of the HLL people imposing their ways on the LLL camp ("you
must be more OO") let's have each present their ideas and try to coalesce
them into one (if possible).

If the HLL people don't like the LLL, they are free to write their own.
If the LLL people want to implement everything in C, by all means...
Let's just start agreeing and moving on.  But we must also agree that we
may not agree.  I'd rather have smaller teams building something than a
bigger team going nowehere.

I hope by having the camps in close proximity, each can make
modifications of little cost to themselves but of great benefit to the other.

I'm pushing ahead for the LLL.  I believe there is a core group of four
or five that share ideas very similar to my own.  The following posting
is very similar to one by Johan.  Let's build on it.

On Sat, 17 Dec 1994, Dr. J. Van Sckalkwyk (external) wrote:
> Part 2. Response to Fare &c
> ---------------------------
> >Mike's (a monolithic hugeware centralized unsecure kernel, as I see
> it);
>
> Mike has MY vote. I also think you're being _grossly_ unfair to him.

Fare, you were being VERY unfair.  Normally I would respond in kind, but
enough is enough.  Do not put words in other peoples mouths, especially
when it is a thinly-veiled very derogotory remark.

[snip!]

I appreciate JVs responding to what I snipped above.  ( Thank you =) )

I have broken part 3 into a seperate thread...

Mike