Target architecture

Francois-Rene Rideau rideau@clipper
Fri, 23 Dec 94 22:13:25 MET

Dear Joyous Tunespeople,
   JVS asks whether we should use "C" to implement the LLL.
My answer is:
   yes, but only when implementing the system on top of Unix/POSIX.
On any system we port the system to, we'll have to implement device drivers
anyway, so let's use the system assembly for the most basic parts (among
which the LLL). Now, the standard assembly language on Unix systems is
called "C", and that's what we'll use to implement the system upon.
On the other side only the basic parts, or parts whose efficency make
it compulsory to be done may be done in C
On the i386 PC system, no C will be needed and seen.