ORG: Process Discussion, Archiving

Chris Harris chharris@u.washington.edu
Mon, 31 Oct 1994 18:41:18 -0800 (PST)

Since I've already done a bit of bable on the subject, I'd like to
propose a new discussion keyword, called PROC, for discussion of
processes, scheduling, and related issues.  It might be possible to put
this under object file format discussion, but the top would have to be
widened a bit.  Besides, processes are a sort of big issue themselves.
Any comments?

BTW, are messages to this list being archived?  Its a bit much trying to
sort these message every day into various catagories.  Perhaps once we
figure out who's maintaining what catagories, we could snag an FTP site
somewhere, and put digests of the different catagories there.  Perhaps
instead of simply archiving the messages, would could also trim them down
a bit to get at the main idea, especially if the list is going to have as
much traffic as it seems.

-Chris

"If patterns of 1s and 0s were 'like' patterns of human lives and death,
if everything about an individual could be represented in a computer by a
long string of 1s and 0s, then what kind of creature would be represented
by a long string of lives and deaths?"  --Thomas Pynchon