HLL

Rainer Blome rainer@physik3.gwdg.de
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 18:47:29 +0200

about the review/languages page:

the entry for m4 has 'misa' as a heading

the entry for  escher mentions goedel.  where is the entry for that?  is
suppose fare just copy-pasted in some description made byt he designers.
does anyone have a pointer?

'cecil is from ... who invented self'.  not true.  there have at least been
others.  afaik craig only joined later.  however, 'who invended the self
compiler' might be ok.  cecil is prototype-based, but typing is possible.
places can be constrained to contain only objects of a specific clone
family (which amounts to typing on demand.  i actually like this a lot.
should ahve read the papers much earlier. )

please excuse all the typos, this is a bad netlink.

i miss a pointer to gofer.  i don't have one, alas.  the agora guys here
told me that it (agora) has features (is implemented in? i forgot) of
gofer, especially monads (if i got them right.)  sad, the guy wasn't able
to explain to me what a monad is, at least not in the ten minutes that he
tried to. :-(

bye, rainer